Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Army grouping

Article about: This lot is up on eBay currently, at what I think is a fair price, but I know absolutely nothing about Japanese militaria. I was hoping to get some opinions as to the authenticity of these i

Default Japanese Army grouping

This lot is up on eBay currently, at what I think is a fair price, but I know absolutely nothing about Japanese militaria. I was hoping to get some opinions as to the authenticity of these items. Any opinions would be most appreciated. Cheers!

Todd

Japanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army grouping

?

The helmet and flag look righteous, and although not a tunic guy - I think you did very well.

I would think a righteous group all around, nice find!
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

Agree with John. Although difficult for me to say for sure with the pictures. Looks like there is a hole in the back of the helmet.

The tunic looks ok as well, but not sure if it was issued or surplus. Looks surplus to me as I don't see a name inside. If surplus it's possible that the insignia was added. Also, based on mine, the army patch over the breast pocket was discontinued when these collar tabs were used (or so I've been told) Best wait for a few other opinions.

Check out this thread. It has some good info...

Japanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 Tunic

but even if it was surplus with added insignia, I like it...

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Good price if you can get it. Unissued tunics without insignia go for $100 to $150. Plus if insignia is all period attached (especially the red army "W" badge) its a big plus. The medal (its a China incident award btw) is a bit salty, but add in another $30 to $40 and then the flag. That's all gravy as it is priced currently for the helmet alone.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks to you both. I'm going to go for it. Hopefully I don't get sniped in the last few seconds of the auction. That's what usually seems to happen, especially if it's something I really want. Cheers.

Todd

The piece of paper did not belong to a Japanese, but to an American, obviously trying to learn Japanese characters called Katakana.

Interesting. Maybe the vet who brought it back. Either way, I won the auction this afternoon, so I'll post better pictures once the lot arrives

The package arrived today. The uniform is so small I could barely fit it on a mannequin.

Japanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army groupingJapanese Army grouping

MAP
    ?

Great score. Think you did very well for the price

Yes, those uniforms are small. The Japanese soldiers during the 40's were not much over 5' 2" if I remember correctly

I have a picture somewhere of my then 9 year old wearing one. It almost fit him

For the price paid, I would say that you did quite well. It's a nice grouping and good to see that it's been kept together rather than parted out. Good find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast