Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

japanese army sword

Article about: The middle picture is nothing like it looks..

?

Default Re: japanese army sword

The middle picture is nothing like it looks..

?

Is that at date on the bottom of tang? I think its 36 ?

?

Iam sorry its realy hard as i just cant take a picture,, i hope these helped any?

?

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture japanese army sword   japanese army sword  

?

W
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture japanese army sword  

?

Wow, very nice find Pammy
    Congrats

?

Thanks luke,just trying to find more on the blade as it might have been lighly polished? And needed to know more on the tang sighed blade? I cant take a picture to save my life...IF ANYONE THINKS IT WAS ?HOW MUCH WOULD THE HOLE THING BE WORTH SO I WOULD KNOW HOW I DID?I THINK I DID VERY WELL AS I DID GET IT FROM A VERY GOOD FREIND AND HE TOOK OFF $300 ON IT ..IF 36 IN THE DATE IS THIS A GOOD YEAR?

?

Hello al,if you can tell me i did ok on the sword or not that would be great i paid under $1000 for it at least its original.. And the year if that makes a difference i dont know?its either 36 or 38 ?thanks so much and sorry iam not good at picture taking they came out better as you said in day light,,..thanks again for everything!OH,CAN I FIND THE PEICE FOR THE TOP OF SCABBARD?

?

Hello Pammy , you have a good period sword and scabbard , you paid a fair price i think so you have not lost on it The date stamp you speak of on the tang is not a 36 or 38 but i can see why you think that - it is the Seki Arsenal stamp and in the photo it is shown upside down . As a rule of thumb it is generally assumed that Seki stamped blades were non-traditionally or machine made blades so it could be a one piece stainless steel blade - hence the nice shiny surface , but anyways it is a nice original , period , Shin Gunto sword and well done on your find , i like it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Thanks,thats very interesting as i would have never thought that..thanks for the help and take care....!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast