Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese cap

Article about: Can anybody help me identify this cap. I picked it up in a flea market in Japan last year. I doesn't look to be the same as other Japanese caps I've seen. There are no stamps or marks that I

?

Default Japanese cap

Can anybody help me identify this cap. I picked it up in a flea market in Japan last year. I doesn't look to be the same as other Japanese caps I've seen.
    There are no stamps or marks that I find anywhere on it.

Japanese capJapanese capJapanese capJapanese cap

This is the attachment for the star, it has a cardboard stiffener and the white narrow part feels a bit plastic, but I can't get to it very well.
    Japanese cap

Steve.

?

Default Re: Japanese cap

Hello
    Is a standart japanese army cap, i'm not a expert in japanese caps but IMO looks good. Usually these caps wear a cloth star but some pieces carried a metal star like yours frequenly used by NCO and officers.

Cheers

Ed

IMO it looks period to me. Nice cap!!

Thanks

Burt

?

It appears to be an officers quality cap with a metal officers brass star.
    Beautiful condition

?

Apologies for not thanking you for answering earlier, for some reason I hadn't noticed, but thanks to the new Japanese sub-forum it was easy to find.
    I'm pleased with the repsonses, I had a good feeling about it and it was at a price that was worth the risk. I wouldn;t call myself a collector of Japanese stuff, as i learn more its' growing on me.
    Steve.