Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Ceremonial Sword?

Article about: A friend has asked me to post these to hopefully get some additional info. Any help is greatly appreciated! He stated that it was taken from the owner during WWII.

Default Japanese Ceremonial Sword?

A friend has asked me to post these to hopefully get some additional info. Any help is greatly appreciated! He stated that it was taken from the owner during WWII.

Japanese Ceremonial Sword?Japanese Ceremonial Sword?Japanese Ceremonial Sword?Japanese Ceremonial Sword?Japanese Ceremonial Sword?Japanese Ceremonial Sword?Japanese Ceremonial Sword?

Hello there, your sword is a standard Army Parade saber with a machine made chrome plated blade and the nice addition of a Family Crest or "Mon" These swords were not intended for combat.If taken from the owner it most likely would not have been on the battlefield. Make sure not to try to clean the brass with anything because you may very well remove what is left of the original gilding which would adversely effect the value. Although this type of sword is not a high dollar piece they are still interesting pieces to people who collect military swords. I hope this helps Regards,Geoff

?

I agree with Geoff and will add that the value would be around the 200-225 USD mark assuming that the plating on the blade has not lifted from the base metal. The addition of the kamon (mon) is nice and if you want to look it up to see what family grouping it belongs to you can start here ...

Hidaka Family Emblems

Regards,
    Stu

Regards,
    Stu

Default Five Stars Within a Circle

丸に五つ星
    "Maru-ni itsu-tsu hoshi"
    5 stars within a circle

--Guy

Is this different from the Umebachi style plum blossom?

Quote by swbeck55 View Post
    Is this different from the Umebachi style plum blossom?
    Yes ... Umebachi [Plum Basin] has stamen in the center; 5-Stars does not.

Umebachi:

Itsutsu Hoshi; Marui-ni Itsutsu Hoshi:

--Guy