Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese cloth bag

Article about: Hi, I came across this cloth pouch with some other japanese military items. Can anyone tell me what it is. Thanks in advance, Bill

Default Japanese cloth bag

Hi,
    I came across this cloth pouch with some other japanese military items. Can anyone tell me what it is.
    Thanks in advance,
    Bill Japanese cloth bagJapanese cloth bagJapanese cloth bagJapanese cloth bag

Charge bag?

昭十六 2
    Feb 1941

九十四式三十七粍砲
    Model 94 37mm [anti-tank] Gun

Image source.
    --Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese cloth bag  

From Japanese wiki:
    九四式三十七粍戦車砲 (94しき37みりせんしゃほう) とは、大日本帝国陸軍が1934年(皇紀2594年)に開発した口径37mmの戦車砲。九五式重戦車の副砲 として開発され、後に九五式軽戦車や九七式軽装甲車などの主砲として広く用いられ

Model Ninety-four 37mm tank cannon is a tank cannon of 37 mm in diameter that the Army of the Japan Imperial Empire developed in 1934 (Imperial 2594). It was developed as a secondary gun of the 9 type heavy tank, and it was later widely used as a main gun of the type 9 light type tank and the type 97 light armored car.
    EDIT:
    Found the English Wiki page. It mentions only as an AT weapon ... perhaps the above "Google Translate" is inaccurate.

--Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 07-02-2018 at 05:03 AM. Reason: English Source Information Added

37mm projectiles.
    37mm Ammunition

While we have already gone over some examples of 37mm ammo, we finally start seeing the types used in anti-tank and anti-air guns. In fact, the 37mm rounds vary depending on which make and model of gun it was supposed to be used in, having some notable differences in case length.

Type 94 AT gun, Type 98 Gun, and Type 100 Tank Gun: 4.3oz of graphited smokeless powder in the form of unitubular grains contained in a silk bag.
    --Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese cloth bag  

Thanks. Appreciate your help.
    Bill