Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Data Plates, need help..

Article about: Hi, A while ago, I pick up 2 Japanese Data Plates. I don't know exactly what I have. I was told at one time, they were WW2 era, but unknown what they said and what they may have come off of.

?

Default Japanese Data Plates, need help..

Hi,
    A while ago, I pick up 2 Japanese Data Plates. I don't know exactly what I have. I was told at one time, they were WW2 era, but unknown what they said and what they may have come off of. Both Plates seem to be very thick metal with some reddish brown paint around them. They both appear to be identical. One plate is much clearer than the other. (when I photographed the plates it was very hard to get clear shots of the entire plate at one photo, so I took three in succession). I was hoping to get some help reading, dating and what it possibly could have been off of. Any help, opinions, information would be greatly appreciated.

Japanese Data Plates, need help..Japanese Data Plates, need help..Japanese Data Plates, need help..Japanese Data Plates, need help..Japanese Data Plates, need help..

Sorry, this is the best I can do; some sort of pressurized air tank.

三號気蓄器収一
    #3 Air Reservoir - 1

昭和18年10月21日 住友 - 制鋼所制造
    21 October 1943 Sumitomo - Steel Works

水壓試験
    壓力 瓦/糎
    Suiatsu Shiken Atsuryoku Kawara/Senchi 2 [squared]
    Water Pressure Test - Presure grams/cm2

回次
    Kaiji
    Next Time

試験年月日
    Shiken Nengappi
    Test date
    13 October 1943

試験場所

Shiken Basho
    Testing location

住友鋼
    Sumitomi Kō
    Sumitomo Steel

--Guy

Guy San...You and Shindekai are always above and beyond..thankyou for such detailed answers Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Couldn't agree more Larry!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks Guy. Amazing. A pressurize air tank. The height of WW2. Must have had something to do with the war effort.
    I got these at an estate sale in Washington DC, from a lady who was in the navy since WW2. And retired as a civilian with the navy, lived in Japan and and all over the Far East and know a lot of big wigs.

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Thanks Guy. Amazing. A pressurize air tank. The height of WW2. Must have had something to do with the war effort.
    Who knows what it was used for! When I Google-Image searched 気蓄器 I found photos of JAXA space engines and a couple of submarine illustrations. I guess it could be used in aircraft or anyplace else that required pressurized air.

All just surmises on my part, though. Hopefully someone can answer your challenging question: "what sort of tank were these data plates attached?"

--Guy

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Guy San...You and Shindekai are always above and beyond..thankyou for such detailed answers Best Regards Larry
    You bet Larry, both of those boys add a whole lot to the forum and I know I appreciate it.