Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Flag

Article about: A special someone got me this Japanese flag for my militaria collection (since I always wanted something Japanese and this is the Japanese item i have) for my birthday from 'Time Traveler Mi

Default Japanese Flag

A special someone got me this Japanese flag for my militaria collection (since I always wanted something Japanese and this is the Japanese item i have) for my birthday from 'Time Traveler Militaria'. I have received other items as well.

This is a picture of the flag that was on the website, I can take pictures of the flag if anyone wants.

There are lots of stains and holes, it seems like a period piece to me

Let me know what you think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Flag   Japanese Flag  

Japanese Flag  

Looks to be a period hinomaru with white leather corner tabs. Nice Flag overall. Check out Imperial Japanese Good Luck Flags and One-Thousand Stitch Belts by Michael Bortner

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it!

Weird thing is, I was just online and found out about that book. I will check it out, thank you!

I agree it appears, from the pictures, to be a war period piece. I strongly recommend Dr. Bortner's book.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Japanese Flag

Mike's book is great and if you wish to contact him directly you can do so through his web site or send me a message with your preferred email and I'll forward it to him.

Here is a link to his book site ...

Get History Today - Home

Regards,
    Stu

Thank you so much for your replies and your recommendations

I will check out his website, have a nice day everyone!

Japanese FlagJapanese FlagHi Hindash,
    Nice period flag in my oppinion it would look good framed i have a silk Japanese flag in my collection and as it is very fragile it is in perspex glass for protection. they are a good item for any war room, thanks for showing us.
    Dave.
    PS, This is my flag,

- - ------- - -

Hi
    Sorry it came out twice,
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Japanese FlagJapanese FlagHi Hindash,
    Nice period flag in my oppinion it would look good framed i have a silk Japanese flag in my collection and as it is very fragile it is in perspex glass for protection. they are a good item for any war room, thanks for showing us.
    Dave.
    PS, This is my flag,

- - ------- - -

Hi
    Sorry it came out twice,
    Dave.
    Outstanding flag!

Hi Luxembourg,
    Thanks i am not morbid but stains on the flag are dried blood, thats the way it was when i got it from an old vet in the states, It was taken from one of the islands in the pacific.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Luxembourg,
    Thanks i am not morbid but stains on the flag are dried blood, thats the way it was when i got it from an old vet in the states, It was taken from one of the islands in the pacific.
    Dave.
    Sorry I didnĀ“t realize that but I like combat bring backs! Sad histoy behind the flag...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast