Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Flag

Article about: Good day to all. Only been on this forum for a few days but have already received tons of help. I have another item I am looking to get some info on and so far this has been the place. Attac

Default Japanese Flag

Good day to all.

Only been on this forum for a few days but have already received tons of help.

I have another item I am looking to get some info on and so far this has been the place.

Attached is a photo of a flag that I got from my father. Is this anything of interest or is it something that they mass produced and there are tons of them around? The size is approximately 13" x 19"

Japanese Flag

Thanks,
    Paul
    Last edited by sykomac; 06-23-2011 at 03:57 PM.

?

Default Re: Japanese Flag

Hi Paul , it`s good to see you here , these flags are not rare by any means , but are very collectable ! The example you show , an Imperial Japanese Naval flag miniature , is in super condition and must have been stored well ! Is your father a military vet ? , and do you know where he obtained it ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Default Re: Japanese Flag

Good day,

My father was in the army at one point but this was given to him by my grandfather when my father was about 13.

He does not remember well these days so I'm not exactly sure whether this was correct or not.

Do you know of anyone who you trust that may be able to tell me more about it? I have a German flag also but on another forum they said it was a "fake", made in the 70s.

Thanks,
    Paul