Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Flag Info

Article about: Looking for any additional information on this flag. I believe it to be a soldiers good luck flag. I'm having trouble with the translation of the names who signed it. Attachment 581596Attach

Default Japanese Flag Info

Looking for any additional information on this flag. I believe it to be a soldiers good luck flag. I'm having trouble with the translation of the names who signed it. Japanese Flag InfoAttachment 581596Attachment 581597

I like how the signers made it into a kind of rising sun flag! Nice piece!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Looks like a nice Hinomaru no Yosegaki or Good Luck flag.

The slogan across the top, 武運長久 is Buun (Fortunes of war) Choukyuu (Forever/perpetually) and usually translates to Eternal Good Fortune in Battle.

I can't read the smaller kanji but perhaps Guy will be along soon and assist.

Regards,
    Stu

The flag is to a man named 藤原 Fujiwara Mitsuo.

Had a hard time finding his given name and was only successful after using the modern version of .

But the signatures at the 3, 8, 9, and 10 o'clock positions are army major general 陸軍少将 & 陸軍中将 Lieutenant generals.

We'll need Taka to give his input. The signatures ARE different .... but so many general officers????

--Guy

Edit: My wife says the name is FUJIwara, not YOSHIwara.

Surprise, Charlie! You just might have something Special there! Cool!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi Charlie and welcome to the forum , a very nice flag you have there ! Many thanks to Guy and of course Guy's wife for translations . I wonder if this one was signed personally by these high ranking officers or perhaps dedicated to them . either way its a nice example . How did you come across it ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    The flag is to a man named 藤原 Fujiwara Mitsuo.

Had a hard time finding his given name and was only successful after using the modern version of .

But the signatures at the 3, 8, 9, and 10 o'clock positions are army major general 陸軍少将 & 陸軍中将 Lieutenant generals.

We'll need Taka to give his input. The signatures ARE different .... but so many general officers????

--Guy

Edit: My wife says the name is FUJIwara, not YOSHIwara.
    Hi Guy-san,

From what I see so far, it's not a bad flag, but I would like to identify the high officials if possible. That 's the main question. The kanji writings are actually very good. Still need better support for the originality.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Welcome, and nice flag it's in very nice condition! I see our resident experts have chimed in . Very interesting kanji indeed. This may not be a 'run of the mill' soldiers flag, but maybe an officers? The leather reinforced corners are intact with loops...very nice I'd like to see the outcome of this.
    Thanks for sharing, and thanks to the fine members help here.
    Dean.

me CLUELESS,but a nice flag

I picked this flag up at a show over the summer. I only have a couple flags in my collection, but this was my favorite. I mainly collect WW2 helmets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast