Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese flag just framed

Article about: Just finally got this professionally framed. Cost around 500 bucks for museum quality framing job . r. It has the marine's name on it and it has a intelligence stamp on it. Must of bin turne

Hayashi Daisuke was the recipient. The rest that remain untranslated are names.

Edit: there's one more aphorism, but I'll give somebody else the opportunity to translate it. I'm tired.

--Guy

Nice but expensive framing. I guess that is non-reflective glass and acid-free backing?

yes it was expensive. that's what it cost for custom framing. Acid free of course, museum quality glass and everything.

Really nice example and really nice framing, congratulations. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi Colin,
    Really nice Flag with good history, I only have one Japanese flag in my collection it is the meatball type
    but has some staining to it. ( not good staining ) and very fragile as your is, with no Kanji.
    thank for showing it .
    Dave.

?

These flags always look good in a frame

Yes... I like it too. Very nice! Deciding on how much to spend on framing is an individual thing but if one is planning on keeping an item for years to come it really is an investment that pays off! Finding out that an item has been bleached and/or discolored due to cheap framing solutions is never much fun...

Japanese flag just framedHi Colin,
    I thought i would show you the flag i have you can guess what the stain is but it,s part of it,s history
    I am not a morbid person. but it is very fragile.
    Dave.

Looks nice, yet scary with that profuse staining... Just like someone else on this thread stated; these flags really do look great when framed!

?

Here is my flag, also framed to museum display specs using an aged wood frame, non-reflective and 99.9% UV resistant glass, acid free backing. It cost $1000 to frame this but well worth it.

My compliments on the flags shown in the thread, stunning.

Attachment 774865

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast