Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Japanese flag just framed

Article about: Just finally got this professionally framed. Cost around 500 bucks for museum quality framing job . r. It has the marine's name on it and it has a intelligence stamp on it. Must of bin turne

What do they use to affix the flag to the backing without potential damage?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Here is my flag
    Nice!

敢闘
    精神

Kantō
    Seishin

Fighting Bravely
    Spirit

On the white space at 9 o'clock:
    大死一番
    Daishi Ichiban
    A Great Death is Number One

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    They are usually sewn on with a very thin monofilament thread much like fishing line. The stitches need to run full length across the top and a minimum of one third the way down both sides. The rest of each side and the bottom are left unstitched. Or so says a framer I have spoken with on the matter.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    I honestly don't know. The framing gallery I had do it does some very high end work and they told me what they do, which does not damage the artifact as it is all conservatory framed professionally. I trust them, theyve done a bunch of work for me on 100+ year old Imperial flags and CEF items and its the place to go around here for this kind of work.

- - ------- - -

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Nice!

敢闘
    精神

Kantō
    Seishin

Fighting Bravely
    Spirit

On the white space at 9 o'clock:
    大死一番
    Daishi Ichiban
    A Great Death is Number One
    Thank you! By coincidence the owner of the gallery is Japanese and he took great interest in the flag and translated a lot of it for me!

Doug could I trouble you for a close up of your flag please?

Charlie

THank you guys for showing your flags. Yes it isn't cheap to frame but I wanted to save the flag. Better then sitting on a shoe box the way I found it. WHat they did on mine is tape it to the packing with acid free taping of course, archive tape I think?. The glass is not touching the glass because I guess it's bad for the silk. The areas where the flag is split they taped it very carefully so it wouldn't separate anymore from hanging there. and A bunch of that hundres of dollar things. It took them a month to do it. Order the right stuff and everything. Sndf of course the glass alone was over 250 dollars. I think. You cant go cheap on the glass, even the uv protecting glass, it has a better clear look to it.

I really want to get the flag transulated, atleast enough to do some research with the owner. I wonder if its blood stained or what...I don't know.

here are some more pictures of the marines name and the intelligence stamp on the back of the flag. Japanese flag just framedJapanese flag just framedJapanese flag just framedJapanese flag just framedJapanese flag just framedJapanese flag just framed

- - ------- - -

sorry couple flags upside down

?

Well done collin102353, Nicely preserved !!! And a great addition to your collection !! G

?

Quote by Charlie1 View Post
    Doug could I trouble you for a close up of your flag please?

Charlie
    Hi Charlie, I will try to snap a couple shots in the next day or so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3