Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese goggles?

Article about: I bought these in Japan recently at a flea market, they were in a box with other military stuff, now I'm back I may have jumped to conclusions. I was sure I read somewhere that 'STAR' brand

?

Default Japanese goggles?

I bought these in Japan recently at a flea market, they were in a box with other military stuff, now I'm back I may have jumped to conclusions. I was sure I read somewhere that 'STAR' brand goggles were used by the army but I can't find the reference anywhere.

Has anybody seen goggles like this before, any enlightenment is welcome.
    Thanks,
    Steve.

Japanese goggles?

Japanese goggles?

Japanese goggles?

Japanese goggles?

I am afraid you made the wrong call on this one. It rings no bells for me and never heard of STAR.

?

Thanks for the confirmation Nick.
    Steve.

The shape is more like US army googles than Japanese ones.

Id say American Tankers Goggles...Japanese Tankers ones are different..still not a bad find mate

?

Thanks Gents, it would have been nice if they did turn out to be Japanese, but I'm not overly disappointed...that's what you get for a rash last minute purchase...I did get a nice comfort bag at the same time though.

I haven't had any luck finding an image of similar goggles yet...but I'll get there.
    Steve.

Hello Tinhat,I myself am guilty of making those rash last minute purchases just for comparison here is an original set of tanker googles.It is the same set you will see on my avatar. Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese goggles?   Japanese goggles?  

Japanese goggles?  

?

Geoff, thanks for posting your goggles, they are in great shape. Do these come in the same circular leather case as the usual split lens goggles?
    The thing I love about real flea markets is that element of not knowing if you will find anything and the surprise when you do, but I'm normally under time pressure because I go early before work and lose rational thought process as the clock ticks down.

Steve.

I know the feeling well!! I have never seen a case for tanker goggles specifically but I believe originally they came in a cardboard box.The vendor I was lucky enough to find the goggles with did not have the box however due to the rarity and condition I went ahead and "Bit the bullet" I was sweating it out as some other collectors who knew what they were were looking at them as well.I was just very lucky they had to think about it for a little bit...