Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese hat Major Ouchi

Article about: I have here an unusual hat, that appears to me to be a private purchase..it is lined and named..Major Ouchi..the hat i hand is ver aged, the photos dont show this as much, it has been questi

Default Japanese hat Major Ouchi

I have here an unusual hat, that appears to me to be a private purchase..it is lined and named..Major Ouchi..the hat in hand is very aged, the photos dont show this as much, it has been questioned as to the authenticity of the star, but that too appears to be legit in my opinion..i have included all the pics to pass judgement on..i am hoping that this may have belonged to Colonel Kisou Ouchi, and the rank had not been updated on the hat..there is a story attached to this hat but i wont mention it at this stage as we all know a story is only as good as the object
    Japanese hat Major OuchiJapanese hat Major OuchiJapanese hat Major OuchiJapanese hat Major OuchiJapanese hat Major OuchiJapanese hat Major Ouchi

I wonder if the major was ever Wounded...?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If this does work out to be his..he was one of the highest ranking Japanese soldiers captured. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Morotai i should point out that ive come across this, so im confused now lol https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/115273/
    there is also Colonel Tsutomu Ouchi: 7 Jul 1938 - 4 Jul 1939 (KIA, posthumously promoted to Maj. General)

I do not like the writing, as it goes the wrong way in post war style. Also it is very contrived that the rank is mentioned, but not his first name, and if a Japanese were to put his name with his rank, rank will precede the name and not come after. The way it is written is how someone else would address him. Clearly bogus writing to me

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    ...and if a Japanese were to put his name with his rank, rank will precede the name and not come after. The way it is written is how someone else would address him....
    Agreed. [Source: personal experience]

陸軍大尉ガイ・パワー
    Rikugun Tai-i Gai・Pawaa
    Army Captain Guy Power

Note the cool rank badge below my nametag.

JGSDF Kodaira School
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese hat Major Ouchi  
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese hat Major Ouchi 

I'm afraid that the story came first, followed by a free meal for a Japanese kid.

So what about the cap itself? does that look ok

I will have to defer to collectors on that point.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I wonder if the major was ever Wounded...?
    Now I got the joke when I read the title again.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Now I got the joke when I read the title again.
    When I read the title I defaulted to the Japanese pronunciation "Oh-oochie," not "ouchy"

I see what you mean! Yeah, it's funny "ouchy!" ... I need a band-aid.

(^____^)

--Guy