Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Japanese Helmet WWII

Article about: Stitching and non factory marked pads indicate it is a IJN helmet. The size also supports this.

Default Japanese Helmet WWII

I have this helmet from my Grandpa. He tells me it is Japanese. Any info on it would be great. I couldn't find any markings on it. I can take more pictures if need be.Japanese Helmet WWIIJapanese Helmet WWIIJapanese Helmet WWIIJapanese Helmet WWII

?

Default Re: Japanese Helmet WWII

It looks like a good Japanese type 90 helmet but it appears to be missing its star.

very nice matty ,look closely underneath the rear rim there should be a kanji symbol stating the size of the shell
    Regards James

It is also missing the chin strap. Clearer pictures would help. Look for stamp marking in the skirt and ink stamps on the liner for size and date of manufacture. NH

?

A picture of the rear seam stitching and one of the underside of the pads would help in determining the particulars of this Type 90 helmet.

If you look under the pads, please do it gently.
    Regards,
    John

Here are some more pictures:Japanese Helmet WWIIJapanese Helmet WWII

Here is a picture of the symbol. Kind of hard to see but its there. Hope this helps. Any idea what something like this is worth. I want to have the collection insured since it will be kept in my house. Thanks for all the info.This is a great site.Japanese Helmet WWII

matty the kanji you show is Dai 大 and represents size large ,hope this helps james
    Regards James

A type 90 helmet in good condition with intact liner, chin strap and star or anchor may command 800 to 1,000 dollars. More if they are well marked. This example is missing the chin strap, branch of service insignia and shows much wear and tear. I would not price it higher than the 300 400 range. Maybe others will disagree but that is at least a ballpark figure. NH

That's all I needed was a ballpark for insurance. Thanks a lot!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast