Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese homemade fighting knife??

Article about: Hey guys,I don't really collect Japanese items, so I am completely out of my element here. I picked this knife up with an early war Jinsen type 30 bayonet. This knife looks homemade to me. G

?

Default Japanese homemade fighting knife??

Hey guys,I don't really collect Japanese items, so I am completely out of my element here. I picked this knife up with an early war Jinsen type 30 bayonet. This knife looks homemade to me. Grip appears to be a carved lightweight wood that has been lacquered. Looks like a flower carved in the end. Brass type fitting next to cross guard. Not sure about the markings on the blade. This knife is still very sharp! Sheath/scabbard appears to be made from same lightweight wood wrapped in bamboo. Any help identifying would greatly be appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese homemade fighting knife??   Japanese homemade fighting knife??  

Japanese homemade fighting knife??   Japanese homemade fighting knife??  

Japanese homemade fighting knife??   Japanese homemade fighting knife??  

Japanese homemade fighting knife??  

i don't know what it is but i know it looks perfect!!! It gives me a very nice feeling when i look it! If the people here tell it's from back then it will be very very nice!

MAP
    ?

I may be totally off on this but are those letters Kanji? They look Hebrew to me.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I honestly have very little knowledge with Japanese items,I kinda thought the same thing,lol :-)

Not Japanese. It dosnt look very old to me.

?

Finnish?

Surely the Fins have the Latin alphabet like we do.

?

It smells really old, but that doesn't mean a lot.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I may be totally off on this but are those letters Kanji? They look Hebrew to me.
    Michael, they do look similar but it's not Hebrew.

Thai possibly, they have a similar symbol underneath, it also looks South East Asian
    Steve.

MAP
    ?

Yes..you may be right and does fit the construction of the knife with the bamboo sheath and the red mahogany (maybe) wood.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast