Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese Kyo Gunto sword

Article about: Hello people, First off, sorry this is I the Third Reich section but there isn't a Japanese section. I have friend that has a Japanese Army Kyo Gunto sword. Does anyone know the value on the

Default Japanese Kyo Gunto sword

Hello people,
    First off, sorry this is in the Third Reich section but there isn't a Japanese section. I have friend that has a Japanese Army Kyo Gunto sword. Does anyone know the value on these swords? I do have pictures if anyone likes.

Thanks,
    Zack

The pictures are needed for folks here to offer any advice.

Also, you'll find an "axis militaria" section further down the page with a Japanese sub section.

follow this link Lockley to the Japanese forum....there will be someone there able to assist you. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Japanese Kyo Gunto sword Sorry for General Lee (even though he is awesome), my buddy though it would be funny. Japanese Kyo Gunto swordJapanese Kyo Gunto swordJapanese Kyo Gunto sword
    I think I might have a couple more but hopefully this should do.

Oh ok, do you want to close this thread up and I will repost it?

I believe that's a police sword.

How can you tell the difference? I have seen these as the Army Officer's swords.

Its Ok Lockley....the thread will stay open and will be up the Mod on this forum if further action is needed. Im sure its fine. Good luck wait for other opinions. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry.

These are not my area of collecting, and Japanese swords are not a simple area of study, so I'm going to leave plenty of rope to hang myself with here.

Army officer swords like this that I've seen have had a more tan/gray ray skin grip, flattened profile to the hand guard, and often leather covered (for field use, but not always) or more elaborate scabbards, but there are a lot of variations out there, and non-machined blades. This is a shiny plastic/bakelite grip in black, which is identical to a police sword I was looking at a couple months ago, with the same scabbard as this one, and that looks like a machined plated blade, perhaps a parade or dress sword if it is an officer sword? I could be wrong though, but perhaps this gets the ball rolling in the right direction if that's the case.

You're in the right place though for evaluation. There are guys here that know these swords very well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast