Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Lance Corporal uniform

Article about: Hello, I have a WW2 IJA M98 Lance Corporal service uniform. I have been told that it was custom made. I was wondering if any of you all have seen this type of uniform before? I have a green

Default Japanese Lance Corporal uniform

Hello, I have a WW2 IJA M98 Lance Corporal service uniform. I have been told that it was custom made. I was wondering if any of you all have seen this type of uniform before? I have a green hat also with the uniform, would the hat be correct or do I need to find another one? Thanks!Japanese Lance Corporal uniformJapanese Lance Corporal uniformJapanese Lance Corporal uniformJapanese Lance Corporal uniform

Well it really looks like an officers dress uniform to me, with incorrect insignia. I don't know for certain that enlisted men could not wear this type, so hopefully someone else will confirm. The cap looks like a civillian type with an army star put on the front. This type of uniform can be worn with either the overseas service cap (similar to your cap) or the visor cap. Here are some officers wearing similar uniforms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Lance Corporal uniform   Japanese Lance Corporal uniform  

Can no one else comment on this thread?

Rod
    ?

Hi Douglas,

You pretty much nailed it.

Officer's uniform with enlisted tabs. There should be an embroidered name inside the tunic.

Boots in the second pic are enlisted mans with incorrect bootlaces, which should be straw colored cotton.

I don't like the cap, it looks to be civilian late war, if the lining is unmarked straw like material that would clinch it. Brass stars like that one are found on the peaked caps, bullion stars are correct for officer's field caps.

Your two pics tell the story.

Rod

Close ups photos would help, but i agree the Cap is Civil

Does all issued and worn tunics have collar insignia?