Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Military Sash or post war souvenir?

Article about: by ghp95134 The three proper responses: "You were right," "I was wrong," "I'll never do it again." (^_____^) Words of wisdom i concur with also having also wed

Default Japanese Military Sash or post war souvenir?

I recently came across this item for sale and the seller does not know what it is. It was with a us wwii navy veteran estate. Does anyone know of its meaning or importance if any? Is it military or home front?
    Thanks
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Military Sash or post war souvenir?   Japanese Military Sash or post war souvenir?  

MAP
    ?

This is for a Imperial Japanese Navy "Donald Duck" type cap.

Here's mine (different writing as it is for a Machinest School).

BTW...the writing is backwards (i.e. reversed). Needs to be flipped over to the otherside. My wife loosely translated it as saying "Imperial Japanese Navy" but she may be off. Maybe one of our experts here could provide a proper translation.

Regards,

Michael

Japanese Military Sash or post war souvenir?Japanese Military Sash or post war souvenir?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Navy cap tally

軍海国帝本日大 is the correct orientation [dunno if you changed it already]. Pre 1945 the Japanese standard orientation was right to left when writing horizontally; post-1945 they adapted to the Western method and wrote from left to right: 大日本帝国海軍

大日本帝国海軍

Dai Nippon Teikoku Kaigun

Greater Japanese Imperial Navy
    [or a bit smoother: Imperial Japanese Navy]

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post

大日本帝国海軍

--Guy
    Guy.

LOL

NEVER DOUBT the WIFE. She translated it exactly how you did....but I said.....she probably made a mistake so I changed it to "Imperial"....

Oh well...

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    ....NEVER DOUBT the WIFE. ....
    And you've been happily married for how long?????

MAP
    ?

And you've been happily married for how long?????
    17 years! She says I have learned well....our conversations end with me saying either: "I'm Sorry" or "I was wrong".

MAP
    ?

軍海国帝本日大 is the correct orientation [dunno if you changed it already]. Pre 1945 the Japanese standard orientation was right to left when writing horizontally; post-1945 they adapted to the Western method and wrote from left to right: 大日本帝国海軍

大日本帝国海軍

--Guy
    Just read the rest of your post. So she was partially wrong. She said it should be left to right. But since she wasn't around pre-45 I will let that one slide!

The three proper responses: "You were right," "I was wrong," "I'll never do it again."

(^_____^)

MAP
    ?

The three proper responses: "You were right," "I was wrong," "I'll never do it again."

(^_____^)
    SWMBO knows my pride won't let me say she's right so she lets this slide...sometimes. But the old adage still applies "Happy wife, Happy life, Happy Mom, Happy house".

Someone Who Must Be Obayed (aka SWMBO)

Ahhhhh ... as the great Rumpole would say, "She Who Must Be Obeyed."

--Guy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast