Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese MYSTERY Box!

Article about: Hi folks! A friend of mine just found this box. It is locked and he cannot open it. However, he knows there's something inside the box. Assuming it has not been messed with since the war...

Default Japanese MYSTERY Box!

Hi folks!

A friend of mine just found this box. It is locked and he cannot open it. However, he knows there's something inside the box.

Assuming it has not been messed with since the war... Could the Kanji on the lid of the box help us determine what could possibly be inside?

Japanese MYSTERY Box!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Best,
    Joe T

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese MYSTERY Box!  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Lolololol I knew I could count on your humor when I got the email notification saying you had replied to this thread, Ned!

I should have mentioned that my friend doesn't want to damage the box in opening it!

?

The lock looks like it would be easy to pick,........oil it up a bit and have a go at it.
    Regards,
    John

?

Very intriguing, maybe some equipment or supplies of some kind. I am sure the kanji will reveal what should be inside. I hope you post some pics after its open.

wow!!! looks like an interesting Mystery... I hope it doen't say explosives on it! Joe. A good locksmith should have it open in about 5 Minutes.
    Just my thoughts,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I will keep you folks posted, thanks!

He just send me additional photos of the Kanji. Hopefully it'll help those who can speak/read Japanese determine what is inside:

Default 九八式輕地上標定機

九八式輕地上標定機 [-]

Type 98 light land transit

Here's one in the open

--Guy

Edit: Last kanji was incorrect and meant "image" 画 The kanji on the box is slightly different .... and I cannot find it!!!!!!! ...... (-_-) meh

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    九八式輕地上標定機画

Type 98 light land transit

Here's one in the open

--Guy
    Well done that man!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Well done that man!....
    Thanks, Gunny!

--Guy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast