Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese naval Anti air shell?

Article about: Hey, just thought i would upload a few pics of a simple display stand i make for my shells. Took me 5 mins to make and i routhly slapped a few coats of colored clear auto paint on to it, hen

Default Re: Japanese naval Anti air shell?

Hey,
    just thought i would upload a few pics of a simple display stand i make for my shells. Took me 5 mins to make and i routhly slapped a few coats of colored clear auto paint on to it, hence the messy finish and drips lol.

quick, simple and displays your shells nicely.
    ive made better ones but have only taken pics of this one so far. on a few of my other ones i painted them black and glued red felt on the base and in the ring that holds the neck of the shell.

Just an idea for those looking for a nice way to display shells.

Cheers-

Darren.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese naval Anti air shell?   Japanese naval Anti air shell?  

Japanese naval Anti air shell?  

?

excellent Darren , it makes items look so much more interesting with good presentation , it looks great
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Darren Lillington View Post
    I recently bought a Japanese shell from a reputable militaria dealer here and the tag stated it was japanese ww2 naval anti air shell.

Here are a couple of pictures that i took(sorry about the poor quality, i need a new cam)

There are a number of stamps, some in kanji. The stamps that are in english are-

S 9
    _

Anyone, know what kind of shell this is? Any info would be appreciated, thanks-

Darren.
    Thats deffo a French 25mm Hotchkiss shell casing as used by th Japanese in the Anti Aircraft role in WW2. The Japs were the main user for this round though the Germans did produce ammo for captured French weapons and these cases are stamped with "2.5cm". Your example is as used by the Japs tho mate-nice one! Regards, Tim.

Thanks for the comments, always appreciated.

Alan, glad you like the display stand. I am always messing around with different ways of displaying peices that end up sitting by themselvs or look out of place, like you i think displaying them properly makes a world of difference.

The thread about the Japanese arrow head i did a while ago is another example of this.

Cheers-

Darren.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2