Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangers

Article about: Do you have any idea of how much this would be worth

?

Default Japanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangers

Hello I have a rather odd japanese naval dagger there are no markings on it. The dagger is very ornate.Japanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangersJapanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangersJapanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangersJapanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangersJapanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangersJapanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangersJapanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangersJapanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangersJapanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangers This was dircetly aquired from a veterans son the vet was a seabee in ww2. I have never seen these hangers before if anyone could tell me how old the dagger is and what the hangers are used for ,and also the value I would be very greatful sorry for the low quality pictures
    Thanks in advance Sean F

?

Default Re: Japanese Naval Dagger with cloth hangers

Anyone have any thoughts on this

?

Anyone

?

The only thing i can say is that I believe these are pretty rare if all is authentic, with the hangers as well even better as for value i cant help you

?

I can say with 100 percent certainty that this is authentic this is authentic it came from a man I knew for about ten years his father was a seabee in ww2, I also have a copy of his military discharge, If you know anyone who knows more about this could you point them in this direction thanks for the input dave

?

JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Hello thanks for the link but I was not able to locate any similar to this one

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Hello thanks for the link but I was not able to locate any similar to this one
    I think there are a couple in that link that resemble the one you have posted. They may not be exactly the same, but they are similar. I like the appearance of the handle, seems to be real ray skin wrap. Need better photos of the blade. It appears to have all that I would expect to see in a typical Japanese Navel Dirk. I can't say anything about the hangers.
    Please try to take more in focus photos Sean, they will help in determing what you are trying to find out, other than what you already know.
    These are copied often.
    Wait for Bob Coleman to post his opinion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I believe that the dirk itself is a 1st pattern but what I really want to find out is what the hangers are for

Quote by gel65 View Post
    I believe that the dirk itself is a 1st pattern but what I really want to find out is what the hangers are for
    They would be for hanging this dirk from the belt.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast