Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Navy cap badge

Article about: Had this a while and was interested to know if this is genuine and whether it is Navy or Marines? Any help appreciated. Thank you

Default Japanese Navy cap badge

Had this a while and was interested to know if this is genuine and whether it is Navy or Marines? Any help appreciated. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Navy cap badge   Japanese Navy cap badge  

?

Its a badge for a steel helmet. The japanese didnt have marines, but had Naval Landing forces and special Naval Landing forces.
    Im not 100% sure if badge is genuine, but I doubt it is.

That's how the badge is affixed to a helmet.
    Last edited by Sporter90; 06-27-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Quote by Gunto View Post
    Its a badge for a steel helmet. The japanese didnt have marines, but had Naval Landing forces and special Naval Landing forces.
    Im not 100% sure if badge is genuine, but I doubt it is.
    Just out of interest why is the badge doubtful as I'm trying to learn about Japanese insignia? Many thanks. Martyn

?

Quote by Bonecollector View Post
    Just out of interest why is the badge doubtful as I'm trying to learn about Japanese insignia? Many thanks. Martyn
    These helmet insignias are mass reproduced for reenactments and films. You can pick up a replica of one of these steel anchors for as little as $9, and they look very convincing. In my opinion I think this looks to be genuine, it appears to have some of the finer details and shape of an original that the copies don't quite get right, but I will let others chime in as it's not my area of expertise.

Thanks for looking and for everyone's help with this. I and only a very small Japanese collection so my knowledge is very limited in this field.

?

Nice Original early example.

Many thanks. This Japanese stuff is tricky but very interesting.