Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!

Article about: Joe I made the mistake of selling some off my military items ( not WWII ) at a garage sale my wife and I had I was hoping to build up my war chest but the money went into a vacation fund . H

Default Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!

Hello!

I have already posted this find in my "GARBAGE" thread, but I believe it deserves it's own thread.

This was pulled out of the trash heap at about 4pm today. No sign of it's scabbard...

I am still not even sure of it's authentic, but I have heard that it's an early copper handle example that it quite desirable!

I am extremely excited about this find... I'm shaking! Any and all help would be extremely appreciated!

Best,
    Joe T

Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!

Default Re: Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!

wtf?.......where is your trash bin or dump?.......looks real to me

Hi Black Edelweiss,

My parents own a recycling facility. We rent out dumpsters to people and they can bring us their clutter to dispose of. We OFTEN find stuff that people clean out of attics, basements, estates after people passaway...

Here are some more photos:

Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!Japanese NCO Sword found in the TRASH!

I often see people taking apart their swords to snap photos... Should I? If so... how?!

Wow. I don't think you have to on this one, Joe - I believe it is good.
    Truly great find. Bob or Alan will know a lot more.

( I'm surprised the employees aren't fighting over things like this
    that are discovered as they head for the chopper ! )

Wow.........!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 11-22-2012 at 04:57 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, Steve!

Our guys on the picking belt aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed... Great guys, but they are too preoccupied with cutting open purses and mattresses in search wads of cash. Plus, my uncle is the "pit" manager. He sees what hits the floor first and does his best to put things aside for me.

Nice one Joe!
    I don't think you need to take this one apart either. There will probably be nothing of any consequence on the tang anyways.
    A little rough but , an original I believe.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks, Ralph!

I've heard everything from this thing being worth $300 to $3000... not exactly sure what I have here...

Unfortunately, with out it's scabbard it will be on the lower end
    of the scale, though you just might be able to find an original
    scabbard for it. Still, very cool and highly desireable.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, Steve! As of right now, I've received a few offers in the $400 range. I would like a Japanese sword for my collection but I'm not sure.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast