MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Pennant - 16x14 - Authentic?

Article about: Hello! Considering buying this pennant. Not sure if it's legitimate. Any idea? It measures 16x14 and doesn't seem to have any maker's marks on it. This is the only photo I can go by. Thanks!

Default Japanese Pennant - 16x14 - Authentic?

Hello! Considering buying this pennant. Not sure if it's legitimate. Any idea? It measures 16x14 and doesn't seem to have any maker's marks on it. This is the only photo I can go by. Thanks!

I don't believe these normally had maker's marks. If the tabs on the corners are leather, I think it is original judging by this photo.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The two corners do look like leather covered. Thank you, Ralph. You've been most helpful.

it looks modern to me,no sign of age on cloth or stings.

Either way it is a patriotic civilian decoration, not military. Incorrect profile and size for a navy flag. The smallest navy flag for vessels was 1 meter wide.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Either way it is a patriotic civilian decoration, not military. Incorrect profile and size for a navy flag. The smallest navy flag for vessels was 1 meter wide.
    Thanks for the input Nick, is it at least old? lol

Try the black light on it to see if it glows due to post war brighteners in the cloth. Such flag decorations are still available today, so there is no way to be sure about vintage.