Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Personal Kit

Article about: The sack does not belong to me. But nice reading! NH

Default Japanese Personal Kit

Hi everyone, I have been casually collecting bits and pieces of Japanese soldiers kit over the last few years and have just put this collection of personal items together. Displayed on the 1944 dated haversack we have an army paybook, a cloth 'rising sun' purse containing Shinto talismans, a black metal roll of sticking plaster with army markings, and a fan with patriotic and miltary verses. To the left of the haversack is a Japanese print inscribed on the back 'Taken from a dead Jap in the Solomans by Sgt Paul Williams USAAF' a Japanese bank note with an American soldiers handwriting on, a Hokobukuro personal effect bag, a saki cap to an army medic, a photograph of a Japanese lady and a tube of prophylactic cream with army markings. To the right of the haversack is a 1000 stitch belt and two postcards from the war in China. Any comments welcome.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Personal Kit  
    Last edited by douglas2496; 08-01-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Very Nice collection Doug. I,m taking a bit more interest in Japanese gear myself.

Thanks Martin

Thankyou, its very interesting (and somewhat under appreciated) and these sort of items are usually not expensive.

?

Very nice, never seen the coin purse before.

Again an excellent display my friend!I am sure that many of the goodies above are really hard to find!

?

Very nice, I have the same goal of collecting a complete Japanese kit, thanks for the incentive.

?

You have some nice items there Doug
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

nice collection.

I just started a Japanese army collection/display last year. This is an inspiration for me to track down personal items. I did just get a pair of unissued Army socks. Here are a few select items from my collection. Tropical cap, unissued leggings and and unissued belt. NH

Japanese Personal Kit

Servus, Griaßdi kamerad!

Surnames on the "Hever"sack:

平田 -- Hirata
    ヒラタ -- Hirata [using a syllabary]

井田~ Ita~/Ida~/Ide~ I can't clearly see the third kanji.

Bergheil!
    --Guy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast