Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Phone Parts case??? Help Please

Article about: I picked up a little bit of a mystery to me. I originally thought a binocular case but the current info is Phone parts case. I could not find another example when searching. I would also lik

Default Japanese Phone Parts case??? Help Please

I picked up a little bit of a mystery to me. I originally thought a binocular case but the current info is Phone parts case. I could not find another example when searching. I would also like to ask for help with the markings on the lid.
    If it is a phone parts case I assume I will probably not be able to find the parts. I am not even sure what field phone this would go with. All opinions are appreciated.
    John

Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help PleaseJapanese Phone Parts case???  Help PleaseJapanese Phone Parts case???  Help PleaseJapanese Phone Parts case???  Help PleaseJapanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please

Hello John,Here is an example of a Type 93 field phone in my collection for comparison.Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please   Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please  

Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please   Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please  

Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please  
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please 

A few more..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please   Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please  

Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please   Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please  

Thank you Geoff. I am also hoping to find out what the writing on the inside is. I am assuming the phone parts are nearly impossible to find.
    John

In my experience, the larger units like the Type 92 pop up more often.I expect they are easier to keep together.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Phone Parts case???  Help Please  

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Thank you Geoff. I am also hoping to find out what the writing on the inside is. I am assuming the phone parts are nearly impossible to find.
    John
    All I can read is the date and place:

昭十 ? [illegible -- it might say "made" ... as in "year made"]
    Sho 10 = 1935

A contraction for 東京, Tōkyō.

--Guy

Thank you Guy, much appreciated.
    I have a minty Type 92 set including the spare parts tin, untouched except for handling from there to here.
    Now I have lonely Type 93 case that needs parts.
    John