Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Photos

Article about: Have this photo album of what appears to be two brothers. You can see them throughout the album. Overall the pictures are nothing fantastic but I love this book. I don't come across many Jap

MAP
    ?

Default Japanese Photos

Have this photo album of what appears to be two brothers. You can see them throughout the album.

Overall the pictures are nothing fantastic but I love this book. I don't come across many Japanese photo albums. Mostly I see German.

1) Would love some feedback if anyone can provide any clues to the pictures (Rank, etc).
    2) There are a few pictures that have come loose and have writing on the back. If anyone can translate that would be wonderful.
    3) Some are funny as you will see. I really like the one picture with the little boy sitting behind the table with all the soldiers.
    4) Liking that the cover of the photo album is in English.

There are quite a few pictures here.....let me know if you enjoyed this or a waste of time.

Regards,

Michael

1) Pics needing translations:

Japanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese Photos

2) the rest:

Japanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese PhotosJapanese Photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have moved this to the Japanese Militaria Forum where you are more likely to get some help. I always feel sad seeing family photo albums broken up to sell the pictures seperately.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Great photos.!

Hi Michael-san,

Those are very nice photos.

After a little research here are the translations:

Photo #1 (Right to Left)

岐阜県揖斐郡谷汲村

岐阜 (Gifu Kenn) - Gifu Prefecture (Gifu Prefecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

揖斐 - (Ibi Gunn) - Ibi District (Ibi District, Gifu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

谷汲 (Tanigumi Mura) - Tanigumi Village (Tanigumi, Gifu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

高科 - Takashina (Takashina Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

臼井 貞一 - Teiichi Usui

Photo #2 (Back)

松本 里み - Satomi Matsumoto

入院時代写真 (Nyuu-in Jidai Shashin) - Time in hospital photo

浅井 朝一 - Asakazu Asai

Hope that helps.

Regards!
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have moved this to the Japanese Militaria Forum where you are more likely to get some help. I always feel sad seeing family photo albums broken up to sell the pictures seperately.
    Thanks Bob. Forgot to go down one extra level.

Agree on your point. This has such a story to tell when it is complete. Many of the pictures in the album are missing but I think they were just lost over time given the condition.

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Hi Michael-san,

Those are very nice photos.

After a little research here are the translations:

Photo #1 (Right to Left)

岐阜県揖斐郡谷汲村

岐阜 (Gifu Kenn) - Gifu Prefecture (Gifu Prefecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

揖斐 - (Ibi Gunn) - Ibi District (Ibi District, Gifu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

谷汲 (Tanigumi Mura) - Tanigumi Village (Tanigumi, Gifu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

高科 - Takashina (Takashina Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

臼井 貞一 - Teiichi Usui

Photo #2 (Back)

松本 里み - Satomi Matsumoto

入院時代写真 (Nyuu-in Jidai Shashin) - Time in hospital photo

浅井 朝一 - Asakazu Asai

Hope that helps.

Regards!
    Taka
    Taka,

To the rescue. Thanks! I'm sure many of these photo's have writing on the back but they are all glued into the book.

Really appreciate the translation. Nice that I got names, give this item an extra piece of personalization.

Regards,

Michael

You are welcom, Michael-san !

Cheers!
    Taka

Very nice photos.

?

There are some unusual photos in your album Michael , very nice indeed .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Great photos Michael