Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese pith/sun helmet

Article about: Hi guys, need some assistance on the following helmet. Very large size, looks to be unissued. Would like opinions on originality.....real or fake. Thanks a million.

?

Default Japanese pith/sun helmet

Hi guys, need some assistance on the following helmet. Very large size, looks to be unissued. Would like opinions on originality.....real or fake. Thanks a million.

Japanese pith/sun helmetJapanese pith/sun helmetJapanese pith/sun helmetJapanese pith/sun helmetJapanese pith/sun helmet

Hi Visor-san,

It's a nice original piece, a beauty!

Dated 1943.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Thank you Taka-San, was a gift from my brother.

MAP
    ?

Nice Sun Helmet Visor.

Taka-San knows his stuff. Here are two other posts (one is mine for a helmet I just purchased a few weeks ago) that should provide some additional information.

Japanese Sun Helmet

Japanese Cloth Pith Helmet

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice Sun Helmet Visor.

Taka-San knows his stuff. Here are two other posts (one is mine for a helmet I just purchased a few weeks ago) that should provide some additional information.

Japanese Sun Helmet

Japanese Cloth Pith Helmet

Regards,

Michael
    Thanks MIchael, I saw your post.....that is what made me post mine. A real beauty you have, and thank you for the reply.

Alain

MAP
    ?

Quote by visor View Post
    Thanks MIchael, I saw your post.....that is what made me post mine. A real beauty you have, and thank you for the reply.

Alain
    Alain,

Yours is a beaut as well. In fact, looks better than mine. The one I have has some small stains (which I kinda like).

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Alain,

Yours is a beaut as well. In fact, looks better than mine. The one I have has some small stains (which I kinda like).

M

Yours has a much better look in my opinion. I try to get salty japanese items, and mint german items. I do prefer issued, been there look....like yours.

Osaka Arsenal.

--Guy