Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Prayer Flag

Article about: This came in yesterday it was brought back by an American GI , it`s a cotton example , thought you might like to see it

?

Default Japanese Prayer Flag

This came in yesterday it was brought back by an American GI , it`s a cotton example , thought you might like to see it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Prayer Flag   Japanese Prayer Flag  

Japanese Prayer Flag   Japanese Prayer Flag  

REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Default Re: Japanese Prayer Flag

a couple more images
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Prayer Flag   Japanese Prayer Flag  

REGARDS AL

Hi, and thanks for showing the photos, i love that flag, i wish i had one of those next to my collection in my room.
    Best regards
    Nuno

Hi Al, I like the look of that one. It shows some genuine age to it.

Please post up the translation (I know you will get it done ) once you have the results.

I keep meaning to get mine, which is very similar to yours, framed up. I fancy a bamboo frame in keeping with the Far Eastern theme.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade , yes it`s got that colour and smell to the fabric that you just can`t fake . My wife , Linda , is an expert seamstress and dressmaker , and she told me when we were looking at it this morning , that the hem was stitched by hand and was very expertly done with stitches less than an 1/8 of an inch in length , which i was very pleased to hear ( you learn something every day ) I have two of these now and they are both a larger size than average , this one is 27" x 38" and the other is 28"x42" and i have been racking my brains on how to frame them. I can`t find anything " off the shelf " that size so i`m going to have to use my carpentry skills ! The bamboo sounds like a great idea , i may have to steal that one . I`m on the case with the translations and as soon as i get some results i`ll post them up
    REGARDS AL

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Al, I like the look of that one. It shows some genuine age to it.

Please post up the translation (I know you will get it done ) once you have the results.

I keep meaning to get mine, which is very similar to yours, framed up. I fancy a bamboo frame in keeping with the Far Eastern theme.

Cheers, Ade.
    Come on Ade, It feels like we were talking about you doing that years ago Go get some Bamboo haha

I know..... Lack of wall space is an issue here. That is my excuse anyway..

Cheers, Ade.

?

Nice flag,the far right line of Kanji says,.Prayers for everlasting fortune in battle.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Very nice, I have many IJA peices but not one of these, i see many of these here in Australia but grossly overpriced, infact i saw a nice one just last week for $1600 witch is just ridiculous, a fair price for one of these would be $65-100 at most.

Thanks for showing

Cheers-

Darren

Darren, not sure what Auzzie dollars translates to but in the UK the prices for these are £80 - £200 dependant on artwork