Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

japanese samurai swords

Article about: by brob1984 i got a friend to read the signature and i will post what he wrote mybe it could help You had the proper translation in Japanese. Your friend read the kanji in CHINESE!! That is

Default Re: japanese samurai swords

Quote by brob1984 View Post
    i got a friend to read the signature and i will post what he wrote mybe it could help
    You had the proper translation in Japanese. Your friend read the kanji in CHINESE!! That is no help. Reading it does not help as there are numerous swordsmiths of this name. only an image of the exact signature can help. It is just like someone's signature.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Alan M View Post
    And perhaps a small sign of gratitude also !
    Evidently the owner does not like our information as he has posted on another forum asking exactly the same information. So much for expressing gratitude. If you look at what the poster's friend translated into Chinese, there are five characters while the red outlined ones show only four. Possibly there is more that also has not been posted as it is an odd way of signing for the period.
    BOB

?

I have just followed this thread from the "behind the lines" Very interesting. I also noticed last night that the translation is in Chinese and not Japanese. I found it very strange to say the least. Some people just don't like the answers they get and will keep asking until they get a answer they like, regardless of it being true or not. I am sure you all know.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Evidently the owner does not like our information as he has posted on another forum asking exactly the same information. So much for expressing gratitude. If you look at what the poster's friend translated into Chinese, there are five characters while the red outlined ones show only four. Possibly there is more that also has not been posted as it is an odd way of signing for the period.
    Hi Bob , i don`t understand what more information Brian is after ! The Chinese translation is odd to say the least !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

This is not the first time I have encoutered a sword owner who has asked someone at the local Chinese restuarant to translate Japanese kanji. Regardless, the translation means nothing unless you understand exactly what it means.
    BOB

i was trying to see if someone on the other site could also help me in my quest for information. thank you all for looking at this post and helping me.

?

So what was the result?

The man comes to the forum for information regarding something he clearly has no knowledge of. He receives the correct information for the incomplete supplied data. He is informed what is necessary to possibly help him with further identification. There is no response and he goes elsewhere asking the same thing. Quite insulting to those who tried to help.
    BOB

i was not trying to offend anyone the other website sucked and i am getting all my information here i am sorry i even made the post i did not know it would make people mad sorry

?

Take it easy friend. It's just that there is some really qualified people here that answers a lot of questions for members and passers by. At times they do not get any signs of appreciation on sharing their knowledge. It can of course be a little irritating in the long run. Furthermore i have more than once seen people turning down info from skilled members, just because it the info does not correlate with what they want to hear.

Kind regards, Lars

- - Updated - -

Anyway this is how i see things.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast