Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese Service bag with contents

Article about: I’ve finally got round to posting this, hoko-bukuro which I picked up in Japan earlier this year and I was pretty pleased when I found it and bought it based on just opening the bag without

?

Default Japanese Service bag with contents

I’ve finally got round to posting this, hoko-bukuro which I picked up in Japan earlier this year and I was pretty pleased when I found it and bought it based on just opening the bag without looking at all the contents.
    It has a wide range of personal items I believe from fallen soldier that had been returned to the family.

Contents include, photo, wooden return label, military ID/handbook book and what I believe to be talismans from temples

Various field manuals, army diary (unused) and some motivational reading.

I did some asking around on some of the things and as it was explained to me this is draft notice

This is a document that details the draft process with guidelines from saying goodbye to family through visit to temple, what to bring etc.

Being relatively new to collecting Japanese militaria and slightly ignorant on some aspect of tradition, I was bit surprised to find the contents of these envelopes

I would welcome any comments or corrections to my understanding or requests for better photos.

Steve.

MAP
    ?

That is a fantastic find. A personal time capsule into the past. I've never seen one of these bags with anything in them.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks, I have to say that I felt bit like I was intruding, as I was probably the first person to pull all this stuff out since the war but, at least it is saved as a piece of history now. My intention is to put a complete kit together and this was a god step in that direction.

I forgot to mention the toothbrush and toothpaste, which seems an odd thing to send back.
    Steve.

Most I've seen were empty as well. Nice find.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I do not collect japanese, but this is a true time capsule. Please please, never never sell bits and pieces of this treasure.

You are one lucky collector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I do not collect japanese, but this is a true time capsule. Please please, never never sell bits and pieces of this treasure.

You are one lucky collector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks, I have no intention of breaking this up, my next step is to display it all together, so that when it's no longer under my control it is clear it belongs together.
    Steve.

半田市字中村四十七番
    Handa-Shi Aza-Nakamura yon-jū-nana ban
    Handa City Nakamura section, #47

神谷千代殿
    Kamiya Chiyo Dono
    Kamiya Chiyo

神谷金義
    Kamiya Kaneyoshi

Chiyo is a woman's name. The address is in Handa City, in a section of the village [] called "Nakamura" #47 [today, Nakamura-ku.]

--Guy

?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    半田市字中村四十七番
    Handa-Shi Aza-Nakamura yon-jū-nana ban
    Handa City Nakamura section, #47

神谷千代殿
    Kamiya Chiyo Dono
    Kamiya Chiyo

神谷金義
    Kamiya Kaneyoshi

Chiyo is a woman's name. The address is in Handa City, in a section of the village [] called "Nakamura" #47 [today, Nakamura-ku.]

--Guy
    Thanks Guy, did you take that from the wooden tag?, my understanding is that this is the mother/wife's name, the soldiers name is in the lower left of the tag. I'll take some pictures from the ID book, if you wouldn't mind helping clear that up for me.
    Steve.

a great find.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast