Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Shoulder Boards

Article about: Have a Warrent Officers Tunic which is missing shoulder boards. Found these online but would like help if they are original. The price is \\$75.00. Since I've never priced them before would wo

MAP
    ?

Default Japanese Shoulder Boards

Have a Warrent Officers Tunic which is missing shoulder boards.

Found these online but would like help if they are original.

The price is $75.00. Since I've never priced them before would wondering if it was a fair price.

Also not sure if these are the correct type. From the pic of the tunic below I see where the clip would slide in by the sleeve but not sure how the would attach near the loop buy the collar.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Boards

Japanese Shoulder BoardsJapanese Shoulder Boards

My Tunic

Japanese Shoulder BoardsJapanese Shoulder BoardsJapanese Shoulder Boards
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Update: I see now how they would attach. Just need help on originality and if price is fair. Thanks!

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 05-11-2014 at 03:46 AM. Reason: typo

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just a guess: the hook is somewhat flexible. Step 1 -- slide the hinged "bar" under the shoulder loop and over the smaller loop; step 2 -- manipulate the hook through the smaller loop.

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Just a guess: the hook is somewhat flexible. Step 1 -- slide the hinged "bar" under the shoulder loop and over the smaller loop; step 2 -- manipulate the hook through the smaller loop.

--Guy
    Thanks for your help Guy. Our posts crossed. Figured it out too. Now just if they are original and price.

Regards,

Michael

I love your signature line!

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    I love your signature line!

--Guy
    And it's 100% true (as well as most guys on this forum as well). She smart. I tell her my collection is an "investment", she countered by saying an "investment" is something you are planning to sell at some point!!!

?

To my knowledge collar tabs & shoulder boards weren't worn at same time on tunics. Was one or the other

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jareth View Post
    To my knowledge collar tabs & shoulder boards weren't worn at same time on tunics. Was one or the other
    Jareth,

Thanks! These still look nice and would be neat to have in my collection. Do they look legit?

I don't see them very often for sale.

Michael

?

Yes they are nice period original boards

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jareth View Post
    Yes they are nice period original boards
    Thanks Jareth!!

Regards,

Michael