MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese summer flight helmet for review

Article about: Worn versions must be very rare as I assume most of them went down with the pilot somewhere over the pacific, and I dont think I ever saw a named one anywhere, I think the price I paid was v

Worn versions must be very rare as I assume most of them went down with the pilot somewhere over the pacific, and I dont think I ever saw a named one anywhere, I think the price I paid was very good and should only increase with time.

I realized that I've never seen an IJA flight helmet with name written on, I only see names in IJN flight helmets.

Hi Again,
    I got my helmet today, it is very nice, alittle on the small side as I had to carve a bunch of foam off of my mannequin head to get it to fit, most likely shrunk a bit over the years, but it looks pretty good, thanks again for the help!

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Hi Again,
    I got my helmet today, it is very nice, alittle on the small side as I had to carve a bunch of foam off of my mannequin head to get it to fit, most likely shrunk a bit over the years, but it looks pretty good, thanks again for the help!
    Hi John,

Congratulations on your new item!

Just one advice, it is not a good idea to put headgears (especially leather, fur, cotton materials) on styrofoam manniqines. The foam would gradually react with the materials and damage them. I recommend to use glass heads (non-reactive) for the headgears.

Cheers!
    Taka

Thank you taka, all I have right now is the foam, I will keep an eye on the helmet and check it periodically for any signs of damage being done, eventually I will switch to glass.

I recently came across a used Japanese Army pilots helmet that was issued to a pilot named Koike-san. The leather is still a bit soft, and the straps are good. The thread which was used to sew the leather together was red, and is still in good shape, as well as the straps. Does anyone have a guess as to the value of it?
    I apologise for posting this in this thread, but I couldn't seem to be able to start a new thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese summer flight helmet for review   Japanese summer flight helmet for review  

Japanese summer flight helmet for review   Japanese summer flight helmet for review  

Very Nice helmets! there are many variations in the leather as well as the colors of the goggles.Here are a few pics of the set i recently added to my collection.Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese summer flight helmet for review   Japanese summer flight helmet for review  

Nice helmets.

Geoff, wow, those look incredible. Excellent find
    Thank you RazorBack

MAP
    ?

Quote by Casualguy393 View Post
    I apologise for posting this in this thread, but I couldn't seem to be able to start a new thread.
    following this link. At the top right you will see a green box that says " Post new Thread"

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/japanese-militaria/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast