Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese Sun Helmet

Article about: Another item of my expensive day yesterday. It was like Christmas morning except I had to pay for everything..Eitherway a very happy day. Really liking this pick up! Don't see them often. A

?

Great looking helmet

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Micheal-san,

Haven't seen a nice IJA Sun Helmet in a while !

That's a keeper.

Hey, if you don't like it, I'll gladly take it !!

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Hi Micheal-san,

Haven't seen a nice IJA Sun Helmet in a while !

That's a keeper.

Hey, if you don't like it, I'll gladly take it !!

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!
    Taka
    Glad you enjoyed it Taka-san. Wasn't cheap but as you note, it's a keep. Just enough of the "been there" look for me but still in minty shape.

I will put you #1 on the list when I need to make room for something else!

btw...can you interpret any of other kanji on this? (besides what Guy/Bob/Alan have provide? if not, no worries.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Micheal-san,

Thank you for your kindness.

The characters in the last photo are 片岡 (Kataoka), which is a family name. Probably an inspector.

Cheers!
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Hi Micheal-san,

Thank you for your kindness.

The characters in the last photo are 片岡 (Kataoka), which is a family name. Probably an inspector.

Cheers!
    Taka
    As always, thanks Taka-san. Very much appreciated. See you've changed your location again.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have't change any stats, but you can see my location?

MAP
    ?

I have't change any stats, but you can see my location?
    Did it not say Shanghai a while back? Now I see Chiba. Maybe I'm just getting forgetful and confused......

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Guy.

Which of the pictures have the name. Is it this one? I tried to take a better picture. Here it is.

Attachment 700495

Do you know what this says?

Sorry for the questions.
    Attachment 700496
    Regards,

Michael
    Michael,

Yes, that was the one with the name Arai~. I have no idea what that last kanji is. Taka-san has already answered your question about the inspector stamp (Kataoka).

--Guy

?

It is a great looking helmet, but I have my doubts that it was issued to anyone. In my experience, the Japanese tended to utilize areas for names quite frequently. In the case of your helmet, the blank white cloth with the vertical lines attached to the interior of the helmet has no marked name. Please see this pith helmet pic. for comparison:

Iwo Jima Pith Helmet Returned | Historical Consulting

I think that the stamped sections of the helmet are part of the manuf./inspection process.

Regardless, a very nice helmet.

Tom

MAP
    ?

Quote by tomp View Post
    It is a great looking helmet, but I have my doubts that it was issued to anyone. In my experience, the Japanese tended to utilize areas for names quite frequently. In the case of your helmet, the blank white cloth with the vertical lines attached to the interior of the helmet has no marked name. Please see this pith helmet pic. for comparison:

Iwo Jima Pith Helmet Returned | Historical Consulting

I think that the stamped sections of the helmet are part of the manuf./inspection process.

Regardless, a very nice helmet.

Tom
    Tom,

Thanks! I would tend to agree as most of few IJA named equiptment I have are marked on these white cloth patches. Eitherway, it's a piece I'm happy to own and thankful to the guys here helping me translate all this Kanji....whether a name or inspection stamp.

Regards,

Michael

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast