Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Sword

Article about: On the plus side is the fact that the scabbard, although mismatched, is a Tokyo First Arsenal piece as is the sword. If you wish to learn more about the version you have you can read the pin

Default Japanese Sword

Hi everyone, I am just about to buy this sword (my first) on the WAF forum and would urgently appreciate confirmation of authenticity before I hand over the money ($385). Your help is appreciated.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Sword   Japanese Sword  

Japanese Sword   Japanese Sword  

MAP
    ?

Looks like a salty non-matching NCO sword. Will advise you wait some of the other experts (Bob C, Thomas, etc.) to see if I'm missing any red flags........

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Looks good to Me Doug.If You dont mind My saying I see You are in UK and the sword is priced in Dollars.Bear in mind You are liable for an import tax on top of the price when it comes into uk.Also a handling charge from The Royal Mail

Thanks very much, yes I am aware of this but I have been looking for a reasonably priced sword in the UK for some years without success. I am used to buying from The States and very often get away without paying any extra charges. I dont think I can get one for this price here.

Doug, how badly do you want a sword? As said this is a non- matching NCO sword that is not in the best shape, not the worst granted. I feel when it comes to a blade condition is EVERYTHING!!! Price is a little high for this sword in its condition. I would save up a little more and buy a nice blade that will only go up in value. Just my opinion, Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

If I ever come to sell mine I could give you a shout Doug?

I have been looking for an affordable sword for about five years, and I think I will be very happy with this one.

I am very grateful for the help.

Doug

Overall good piece, but not outstanding. KradSpam's generous possible offer for the future is a good option too. IMO buy this sort of thing now, the price can only go up. Picture the day the Chinese public starts collecting this sort of thing....

Jon MB

MAP
    ?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    I have been looking for an affordable sword for about five years, and I think I will be very happy with this one.

I am very grateful for the help.

Doug
    You always remember your first!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

On the plus side is the fact that the scabbard, although mismatched, is a Tokyo First Arsenal piece as is the sword.

If you wish to learn more about the version you have you can read the pinned thread on the Type 95 as it is one of those mentioned.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast