Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese Sword

Article about: On the plus side is the fact that the scabbard, although mismatched, is a Tokyo First Arsenal piece as is the sword. If you wish to learn more about the version you have you can read the pin

You have been given accurate information on the piece. A person should always collect what they want accompanied by accurate information, not what others think. Only you can decide if this is something you want.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks again everyone. I have now bought the sword. Stu, I have read your thread and found it very interesting.

Quote by Stu W View Post
    On the plus side is the fact that the scabbard, although mismatched, is a Tokyo First Arsenal piece as is the sword.

If you wish to learn more about the version you have you can read the pinned thread on the Type 95 as it is one of those mentioned.

Regards,
    Stu

We are looking forward to more photos. Congratulations, there is just something about owning a Japanese blade from the old master all the way to the war time blades. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

I think you made a good decision Douglas , Japanese militaria is not easy to come by over here and the price compensates for the blade condition and mismatched scabbard . It's an original " been there " collectable and not some obscure repro ! Enjoy it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks Alan, I am very excited about it.

Well the sword took three weeks to arrive but I am really delighted with it, and I didnt get charged any extra customs fee. By the standards of my collection the condition of the sword is entirely acceptable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Sword   Japanese Sword  

Japanese Sword   Japanese Sword  

Japanese Sword  
    Last edited by douglas2496; 09-10-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Congratulations on your latest score! As always, your photography-skills are the best, I'm always impressed by the way you arrange your groupings for photography...well done, friend!
    By the way, I had no idea that shipping/customs costs were so outrageous in the UK...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn for your kind words. Customs charges seem very random and can be very expensive, but recently I have had a run of good luck in avoiding them.

?

Wonderful photography skills, and a great collection of items

?

Here we can see how beautiful a collection can be photographed.

Very nice!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2