Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese sword

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default Japanese sword

Japanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese sword

?

I have the chance to buy it for $600.00 should I? It has one bad spot that you can see in the picture.

Thank you
    Matt

I like the sword! Looks like an unmarked tang, I believe its worth $600 I have a couple similar ones and would be tempted at that price. You can probably negotiate the price some especially if its an individual selling it.

Best, Rob

It appears to be a machine made blade and oil quenched. It is also missing the retaining strap. It also has a nice weather cover on the saya. I would say that is a reasonable price but is not a steal.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks guys the only thing that bugged me was that chip in the blade.

?

Hi Matt , you would not lose money at $600 even with the nail catcher on the blade , JMO .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

My example also has a nick or two, doesn't bother me in the least.
    My small Japanese collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Cool. Also the habaki has some nice engraving on it. I'll post a better pic of it soon and see what you guys think about it.

?

I think you need to slow down. If I read the tape correctly you are reviewing a wakizashi not a katana. There would be more seppa in a full set and an engraved habaki is a red flag.

Let's confirm that my understanding of the length of the cutting edge of the blade is correct and see some pictures of the "engraving" on the habaki. Is it a design such as cat scratch or falling rain or kanji?

I'm not saying this is a reproduction. Just think you need to supply a bit more info before we finalize our judgement.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Japanese swordJapanese swordJapanese swordJapanese sword

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast