Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Type 90 Combat Helmet

Article about: Hey guys, just wondering what thoughts are on this helmet? Im not to sure how readily these are faked or reproduced, so any comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Default Japanese Type 90 Combat Helmet

Hey guys, just wondering what thoughts are on this helmet? Im not to sure how readily these are faked or reproduced, so any comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Type 90 Combat Helmet   Japanese Type 90 Combat Helmet  

Japanese Type 90 Combat Helmet   Japanese Type 90 Combat Helmet  

?

Default Re: Japanese Type 90 Combat Helmet

The helmet is original and i like the cut off chin strap remains , it`s a pity the liner has gone . The star could be a replacement . the kanji on the rim denotes it to be a large size. Are you looking to purchase it ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hey Al, thank you for the comments and info, much appreciated. I actually already own this. I bought a relic Type 90 off this guy who was trying to get rid of his collection due to age, the relic helmet was a cave recovery, once I purchased the first he asked if Id be interested in this one as well, so as a grouping I bought them both for about $300. Iv only been on the forum for under a year, and I actually was unaware of it until I stumbeled accross it, so before then I was trying every angle and book to research Items myself, which was good, but always helps having an extra opinion from someone with experience. So I was just checking this helmet out to see If someone like yourself had some info on it that may be benificial to me on originality. Never having dabbled in Japanese items before I was going in Blind when purchasing this helmet, just went off my research. But anyways I appreciate your help, and glad to hear I didn't do to bad, or get scammed

?

Congrats on your purchase , i`m happy to have helped , i like the helmet a lot
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks Al, Best Regards

Indeed, a good one. Star may be original too. Use a magnifying glass and look inside the rear of the helmet very carefully - you may find a manufacturers mark. NH