Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese type 98 tunic

Article about: Thanks for the comments gents, I'll get the requested photos I struggle with either poor indoor light and sunlight (I can live with that problem). Steve. - - ------- - - by BOB COLEMAN Done

?

Thanks for the comments gents, I'll get the requested photos I struggle with either poor indoor light and sunlight (I can live with that problem).
    Steve.

- - ------- - -

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Done
    appreciated, thanks.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I've been looking to add one of these to my collection for a while. Could you share any tips on where to look/ how much to pay?
    Joe, the truth is picked three different tunics up as a knee jerk reaction in an online auction when I still had money left over from a helmet that went cheap, I stumbled across them as result of a random search that pulled up a Hollywood memorabilia auction, which I think is why they were cheap ($50 each). In short I was very lucky.
    I'm getting in to Japanese stuff a bit more seriously and at the moment have aspitations of getting a full uniform together. I think it is affordable when you compare with other types of militaria and currently not as risky. On e-bay they go around the $100 mark, and if you do a 'Japanese Militaria' search quite a few dealers come up.
    Steve.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Joe, the truth is picked three different tunics up as a knee jerk reaction in an online auction when I still had money left over from a helmet that went cheap, I stumbled across them as result of a random search that pulled up a Hollywood memorabilia auction, which I think is why they were cheap ($50 each). In short I was very lucky.
    I'm getting in to Japanese stuff a bit more seriously and at the moment have aspitations of getting a full uniform together. I think it is affordable when you compare with other types of militaria and currently not as risky. On e-bay they go around the $100 mark, and if you do a 'Japanese Militaria' search quite a few dealers come up.
    Steve.
    Thanks, Steve! I want to put together a uniform, too. I'm holding out until I can find a deal like yours.

?

Lots of mint/unissued tunics on eBay. Finding a named issued tunic with period applied insignias is scarce!

?

Here are the pictures of the rank badge.

They are not sewn through the whole collar, just the first layer, but the start and finish knots do go all they way through. To me they look to be done by a competent sewer, it's very neat and uniform.
    Good or bad I welcome your comments and appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

The color also came out a bit better on these photos.

Steve.
    Japanese type 98 tunic

Japanese type 98 tunic

Japanese type 98 tunic

Japanese type 98 tunic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2