Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?

Article about: Here are two japanese pieces. The officers visor has ceramic buttons and tags, anyone know anything about these buttons. The second one is an officers field cap. Any opinions would be apprec

?

Default Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?

Here are two japanese pieces. The officers visor has ceramic buttons and tags, anyone know anything about these buttons.
    The second one is an officers field cap. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?

?

Default Re: Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?

I have no knowledge about these aside from the fact, that Ive always liked the style of the 'compact' bottom cap.

?

The visor is in exceptional condition, can you show a close up of the buttons, are you sure they are not a type of plastic?
    Steve.

?

ceramic, I tried a hot pin on one.....did not melt....thank God. Here is a closer pic of the button and tag.

Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?Japanese visor and field cap-good or bad?

?

I asked a friend a favour and had the label translated, it's related to the goverment contract.

Government bond number--13-420
    Assessment number--------West 101802
    Manufacturer Cost----------33.06 yen
    Sales Price------------------38.80 yen
    Shipping Cost---------------more than 5 yen...Cannot add fares...4.03 yen

Nothing specific on the ceramic buttons, cermaic buttons were used on clothes and are collectable in themselves, I find it difficult to believe that they are an economy measure, the rest of the cap looks far to good for that, I understand that 38yen at that time was expensive, so I would think this is a high ranking officer cap, that is just my assumption.
    I think you have top quality cap.

?

I really appreciate the info Tinhat. Thank your friend as well.