Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Whistle with Compass?

Article about: Anybody recognize this? I believe it is Japanese and from WW2, but have not found any information on it. Unfortunately there are no markings.

?

Default Japanese Whistle with Compass?

Anybody recognize this? I believe it is Japanese and from WW2, but have not found any information on it. Unfortunately there are no markings. Japanese Whistle with Compass?Japanese Whistle with Compass?

MAP
    ?

Not something I've seen before but that does not mean much. Maybe private purchase?

I looked through my book "Heitai" by Agustin Saiz and did not see anything like this.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I was not able to find anything similar when searching either. Looks older than the WWII era to me though. The dial of the compass should be able to help figure out the era by someone with more knowledge than I.
    John

I don't think it is military, but a Japanese civilian survival whistle used in mountain climbing. Here's a French one from ca 1900.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Whistle with Compass?  

?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    I don't think it is military, but a Japanese civilian survival whistle used in mountain climbing. Here's a French one from ca 1900.
    Ok that makes sense. My friend was a mountain climber and so was his father. He had it in a box with all his ww2 patches and medals, so he assumed his father got it during his military service. Too bad theres no identifying markings that I can see. I wish I could figure out how old it is!