Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese winter tunic

Article about: Hi The tunic has been delivered today. Looks really nice. Cheers Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    That would be nice but first i need to get it and im not liking the opposition.
    She may not end up cheap as i hoped for.
    Bugger hey!

?

The tunics I was outbid on went up to the mid $300 range.

Quote by Dean View Post
    The tunics I was outbid on went up to the mid $300 range.
    I managed to get it, didnt turned out to be expensive.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    I managed to get it, didnt turned out to be expensive.
    Cheers
    Nuno
    Nice one Nuno the minty Japanese stuff will dry up in supply so get it while it's relatively cheap

?

I can't believe that costs 300 abroad!

Those tunics seem to take storage pretty well but people prefer the wool tunics so they are relatively plentiful if in the home islands you look in the right places I think... Still need to get trousers for mine though.

The tunic is still in Japan, Osaka.
    She left Hiroshima 2 days ago. I wonder if she has radiation?

This actually makes me think, how the tunic survived the blast. Was she stored in a far away depo? Or far underground?
    Im very curious about it.

Cheers
    Nuno

?

One of the postwar cabinets surplused almost all of the non-weapons related military gear for pennies as a non-inflationary source of revenue or something, so everything became surplus for dirt cheap. So people ended up getting a bunch of it and they stored it in their houses or Kura (storage buildings) or whatever. Some of the stuff was used in the immediate postwar, especially stuff like blankets, trousers, and shoes and so on that were not outright militaristic. By and by people take the buildings down and the contractors sell the stuff they find to antique and militaria dealers, and collectors' estates are broken down.

Since the date of manufacture is Showa 17, it probably left the Hiroshima depot long before the bombings. Furthermore the depot more or less withstood the blast thanks to its relative distance and its thick walls, and was used as a medical center immediately afterwards.

Quote by haru View Post
    One of the postwar cabinets surplused almost all of the non-weapons related military gear for pennies as a non-inflationary source of revenue or something, so everything became surplus for dirt cheap. So people ended up getting a bunch of it and they stored it in their houses or Kura (storage buildings) or whatever. Some of the stuff was used in the immediate postwar, especially stuff like blankets, trousers, and shoes and so on that were not outright militaristic. By and by people take the buildings down and the contractors sell the stuff they find to antique and militaria dealers, and collectors' estates are broken down.

Since the date of manufacture is Showa 17, it probably left the Hiroshima depot long before the bombings. Furthermore the depot more or less withstood the blast thanks to its relative distance and its thick walls, and was used as a medical center immediately afterwards.
    I was wondering about all that.
    Brilliant bit of information, thank you for replying.

G'day Nuno

I'd love to see good shots of it when it arrives, here's mine so we can compare
    Japanese Jacket Tropical Lined 41

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    G'day Nuno

I'd love to see good shots of it when it arrives, here's mine so we can compare
    Japanese Jacket Tropical Lined 41
    Of course.
    I will post them when i have.
    It has arrived in customs last night but i have a feeling it will be held there for quite some time.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast