Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese WWII binoculars

Article about: There is little news, on the binoculars used by the Japanese army in the Second World War, I hope that starting this post can give more info on the subject. I have this article Outline of Ja

?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    光覇號 [last one is old kanji for 号]
    Mitsuharu-go
    Mitsuharu-name/number/nickname

Named to
    富樫
    Togashi

--Guy
    Thank you very much

Buying binoculars like that is very tricky business, because exporting those things to the USA became a major postwar industry, giving rise to new manufacturers who used to be parts suppliers to the wartime firms and wartime firms selling under many brand names.

Suzuko's typical wartime brand for the navy and army was 王光號 as shown below. Your 光覇號 brand may well be one of their postwar brands. The name Togashi is also written in postwar style, so it is difficult to say.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese WWII binoculars   Japanese WWII binoculars  

Japanese WWII binoculars  

Now that I read up further on Suzuko binoculars, even the one I showed above seems to be a postwar model as Suzuko's wartime logo was supposed to be the one shown below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese WWII binoculars   Japanese WWII binoculars  

Japanese WWII binoculars   Japanese WWII binoculars  

?

Great research Nick , thank you .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Default Suzuko Binoculars Post-War?

Nick
    I know this is an older thread but also have a couple of Suzuko binoculars. A 7x50 and a 7x35. Is it to assume what I have is probably post-war itemsJapanese WWII binoculars?
    Thank you, sir for any information. I am new to this site and hope i put the photos attached correctly. FrankJapanese WWII binocularsJapanese WWII binoculars

The point is whether the right eye piece is set up with a military range reticle as shown below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese WWII binoculars  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2