Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese WWII Police Helmet

Article about: Gents, I recently purchased this item with a group of other various odds and ends. Just curious as to see if anyone else has seen a helmet like this before and if it is what I think it is? I

Default Japanese WWII Police Helmet

Gents,

I recently purchased this item with a group of other various odds and ends. Just curious as to see if anyone else has seen a helmet like this before and if it is what I think it is? I thank you for any additional information you can provide me.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese WWII Police Helmet   Japanese WWII Police Helmet  

Japanese WWII Police Helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese WWII Police Helmet 

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese WWII Police Helmet  

Not police, but civil defence. See here for detailed distinctions.

Nick,

I thank you so much for the clarification and informative link. Definitely fits the definitive of crude manufacture. As materials ran scarce one would guess?

Joel

Type4,

Thank you as well for your interesting link. Though my civil defense helmet lacks the grandeur and appeal of the Imperial Police helmets, the simplicity of their construction is still quite interesting.

?

Of course this type of helmet is desirable too infact many collectors have one or more in collection, i sold 10 or more and i have 3 in collection is incredible how many variation exist of this helmets used in action from police force in post war too i post war it be repaint in blue

Type4,

I've been pouring over pages of various pictures of Japanese Civil Defense helmets and you're absolutely correct on the many variations that existed. An interesting collector's field all onto its own.

?

One could build a very diverse & affordable collection of just civic/ last ditch/ civilian defense helmets!