Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese WWII Sword Identification

Article about: This short sword is coming up for sale at a local auction this weekend. They also have a Japanese Imperial naval dagger and a NCO sword, I was interiested in those just because I knew more a

Default Re: Japanese WWII Sword Identification

Yes it brought $475 with a 5% buyers priemium and 10% sales tax on top of that, I was on the fence on what to do. I was just not sure about the value. Did I do good passing on it or make a mistake by not continuing bidding?

Quote by TNcollector View Post
    Yes it brought $475 with a 5% buyers priemium and 10% sales tax on top of that, I was on the fence on what to do. I was just not sure about the value. Did I do good passing on it or make a mistake by not continuing bidding?

If the blade did not have any flaws, I would have paid between $1000 to $1500 based on the workmanship in the blade.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Unhappy Re: Japanese WWII Sword Identification

WOW! The blade looked good. I looked around online and could not find anything like it, I hated to ask about value on the forum as I know some do not like to discuss it here. I just did not know what it was worth and did not want to overpay because their is another local action next week end with a nambu pistol and holster I would like to have. I wish I had kept bidding sounds like I missed out on a good one, Bob thanks for your help with the identification. Cheers, Robert

?

Colleague Mr. Coleman is very wise in this area. He gave me great info on a previous sword here.Thanks Bob. This sword looks great and I would have jumped on it for that price!

Yes Dean still thinking about the word this morning, makes me wish I had a time machine to go back and make myself bid more. Thanks so much with the help in identifcation Mr. Coleman and thanks again for a couple of weeks ago when you read the manufacture date of that factrory made model 1944 sword for my Vet friend. Knowledgeable people like Mr. Coleman are what makes the War Relics Forum so great and sets it apart from the other forums. Cheers, Robert

?

Hi Robert , that`s a pity you missed on this sword , it looks very nice from the photos but i think the other bidders would probably have raised the stakes with you had you continued . The winner got a real bargain , as bob said , if the blade was in good shape , as that is where the value lies . Good luck next week with the Nambu and let us know how you get on
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks for the encouragement Alan! I will let you know if I am able to get the nambu. Cheers, Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2