Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese "Z" flag grouping

Article about: Hello Friends, Here is a new addition to my collection that you might find interesting. Brought here buy a U.S Navy veteran stationed aboard the U.S.S South Dakota. The center pieces for me

Default Japanese "Z" flag grouping

Hello Friends,

Here is a new addition to my collection that you might find interesting. Brought here buy a U.S Navy veteran stationed aboard the U.S.S South Dakota. The center pieces for me are the "Z" flag, made legendary by Admiral Togo and the events of the battle of Tsushima, and the note books. If possible may i ask for a translation of the small tag on the flag? I was told by the daughter of the vet that the piece of shrapnel was removed from the deck after the ship was hit by a 500 pound Japanese bomb. As always feel free to add your input.

Japanese "Z" flag grouping Japanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag groupingJapanese "Z" flag grouping

MAP
    ?

Wow, that's a great grouping! Love the shrapnel!!!

What is the story behind the "Z" flag and why it is famous?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

鎌倉町授産場
    Kamakura-chō Jusanjō
    Kamakura Town Work Program

検査印
    Kensa-in
    Inspection Stamp [blank]

I can't read the last one, but it has some sort of anchor stamp.

--Guy

The battle of Tsushima was the battle that brought defeat to the Russian Navy and a end to the Russo-Japanese War. The flag gained significance when Admiral Togo raised it on his flagship "Mikasa". The meaning of the Z flag flown alone was " The fate of the Empire rests upon the outcome of this battle. Let each man do his utmost." The Japanese went out to meet the Russian fleet and win one of the most important battles in naval history.

Guy,

Thank you for the translation, i appreciate it very much!

Mart

Fantastic grouping of "true history". Not often encountered anymore.
    Thanks for the history lesson Mart.
    D.