Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!

Article about: This sword is up for sale, what do you Gents think of this mid type sword? It has a Nagoya Arsenal blade the serial number should be read with the cutting edge upward. He also has a nice fla

Default Re: Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!

He sort of reminds me of Obama:

Attachment 528423

--Guy

?

Default Re: Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!

LOL Guy , i see what you mean !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Obama has better teeth ......

But what about the sword fellas?
    No sword no flag......

Cheers,
    Ger

I'm anxious to hear Stu's opinion now that you have clearer images.

--Guy

?

What I wanted to see was views of the tsuba from the front and back, not profile. I see now where my previous request was misunderstood due to my choice of wording. Sorry about that.

Having said that I'm satisfied it's an authentic Type 95. Did the seller address the issues of twists or bends to the blade?

Although well worn the sword would probably retail for 600 USD in North America. I'm advised they are more difficult to come by in Europe so perhaps the euro equivalent of 650 there. That's assuming the blade is good.

Regards,
    Stu
    EDIT: Here is a photo of the 2 vs. 2a versions.
    Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!
    Last edited by Stu W; 06-21-2013 at 10:27 PM.

?

I see what you mean Stu!
    will send him a mail with your picture included, and ask him what type it is.
    thx so comming tuesday i will pick them up and i will post decent pictures

has anyone seen the Propoganda cloth with the Obama look alike before?
    He wants to sell that too, it belongs to the package, does it have any worth?

Ger

?

Don't forget that the tsuba/seppa version is not that important whereas the blade condition is so get the twists, bends and edge nicks issue addressed ASAP.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Well Stu here the pics you wanted!

front tsuba and grip/spine
    i will pick them up in 4 hours!
    Regards,
    Ger
    Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!

?

Looking good so far.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Just got home after a 3 hours ride to pick up the Sword & Flag.
    here some decent pictures, and i mean a lot.. reference material can never be enough i guess
    Its indeed true that Japenese swords are hardly evr found in the Netherlands, so im glad this one came along!
    Ger
    Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast