Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!

Article about: This sword is up for sale, what do you Gents think of this mid type sword? It has a Nagoya Arsenal blade the serial number should be read with the cutting edge upward. He also has a nice fla

?

Default Re: Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!

And here is the Hinomaru Flag:
    enjoy the pics
    Ger
    Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!

Default Re: Japans NCO shin-gunto, non-commissioned officer, opinions Please Gents!

Its a beautiful grouping. Well done.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Great sword and flag, nice finds

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee

--Guy

?

That flag is a real nice find Ger , i love it mate
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Thank you all for the support and kind words!
    Gents its highly appreciated

Regards,
    Ger

A little help for the proud new owner. The slogan at the top is VERY different than most yosegaki flags!! Not just that it reads from left to right .....

1. 良武館 Ryobukan
    2. 小西康裕 Konishi Yasuhiro
    3. 祝入営 celebrating entering military duty
    4. 上松繁雄君 Uematsu Shigeo kun
    6. 柔道 Judo
    7. 剣士 Kenshi [Swordsman/men, fencer]

and the unusual slogan:

5. 一的平世界
    Itteki Hei Seikai -- One World in Harmony [or "One Peaceful World"]
    Very different from the usual nationalistic slogans of the time

Regarding #6 & 7, I suspect there was a "judo" side and a "kendo" side of the flag for the dojo club members to sign. The Ryobukan conducted classes in Judo, Kendo, Jujutsu, and karate. Either that, or someone identified himself as a judo member and another as a fencer.

[EDIT: I initially reversed two kanji ... but fixed it to 一的平世界. I THINK it reads this way (Itteki HeiSeikai.)]

You very lucky fellah!!!!!!
    --Guy

more about Konishi sensei
    Question:

Have you ever heard of Konishi Yasuhiro?

I bet you haven’t.

(If you have: Congratulations! You have now earned official Karate Nerd™ bragging rights for a full 1,5 minutes in your next Karate class!)

Konishi Yasuhiro (1893-1983), perhaps the most successful leading pioneer of Karate from the Japanese mainland, was by far one of the most important figures in contemporary Karate history.

No joke.

It is safe to say this: Not only was he one of the driving forces behind getting Karate accepted in Japan as a “new” martial art from rural Okinawa, but he was also one of the main sponsors for Karate legends like Mabuni Kenwa (founder of Shito-ryu), Miyagi Chojun (founder of Goju-ryu), Funakoshi Gichin (founder of Shotokan), Motobu Choki (notorious Karate street-fighting expert and founder of Motobu-ryu), Ohtsuka Hironori (founder of Wado-ryu) and Taira Shinken (the grandfather of Ryukyu Kobudo) – even hosting these masters in his house, arranging for meetings/training camps, paying for trips and food – among other things.

Much more HERE
    Cheers!
    --Guy

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    A little help for the proud new owner. The slogan at the top is VERY different than most yosegaki flags!! Not just that it reads from left to right .....

1. 良武館 Ryobukan
    2. 小西康裕 Konishi Yasuhiro
    3. 祝入営 celebrating entering military duty
    4. 上松繁雄君 Uematsu Shigeo kun
    6. 柔道 Judo
    7. 剣士 Kenshi [Swordsman/men, fencer]

and the unusual slogan:

5. 一的平世界
    Itteki Hei Seikai -- One World in Harmony [or "One Peaceful World"]
    Very different from the usual nationalistic slogans of the time

Regarding #6 & 7, I suspect there was a "judo" side and a "kendo" side of the flag for the dojo club members to sign. The Ryobukan conducted classes in Judo, Kendo, Jujutsu, and karate. Either that, or someone identified himself as a judo member and another as a fencer.

[EDIT: I initially reversed two kanji ... but fixed it to 一的平世界. I THINK it reads this way (Itteki HeiSeikai.)]

You very lucky fellah!!!!!!
    --Guy
    Guy
    I think #5 it's very possible "一劍平世界"(conquer the world with one sword),since there is "剣士"and"柔道","良武館".

Quote by bangbangsan View Post
    Guy
    I think #5 it's very possible "一劍平世界"(conquer the world with one sword),since there is "剣士"and"柔道","良武館".
    Thanks Bangbangsan -- You are correct. I looked at the kanji again and now see the kanji. I've seen the calligraphy ken/sword written in that brief "broken" style before, but just missed it this time.

一剣平世界

A bit more about Konishi sensei here: Shindo Jinen Ryu.

--Guy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast