Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

japenese NCO sword

Article about: Hi all, I have some doubts about this sword. On the FUCHI are only 2 marks visible the: TOKYO and (I think) KOKURA arsenal mark. On the scabbart the numbers and TOKYO mark are read with the

Actually Nco swords copper, aluminum, and late war wooden handles all have a metal screw. Here is healpful thread

IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info

?

So it is a copy japenese NCO sword?

- - ------- - -

So it is a nice copy japenese NCO sword?

Was a serial number ever stamped on the bottom of the scabbard as pictured in the fake sword? My real one doesn't have a number there.

Thanks

Please take a look at this website for excellent examples of Type 95 gunto and fittings.

Non-commissioned officers Gunto 1935 (Type 95 GuntM)/title>

While SLIGHT variations can be found on NCO gunto, the errors on this one are blatant and numerous:

1. Serial number is upside-down for a Tokyo/Kokura blade
    2. Kokura & Gifu stamps on the fuchi are upside-down and really bad copies
    3. Type 95's didn't have serial numbers stamped on the drag
    4. The metal barrel screw nuts should have slots (see Ohmura's site for example)
    5. The fuller-groove (bo-hi) is poorly cut, ends too soon toward the tip. On MOST Tokyo/Kokura blades, the tip of the fuller groove imitates the tip of the sword (not all, but most)
    6. Opening of the scabbard and square latching hole are shaped slightly improperly.

I have seen legitimate NCO gunto with one of these imperfections, but never so many. It is an average attempt at replication.

Quote by Bruce Pennington View Post
    Please take a look at this website for excellent examples of Type 95 gunto and fittings.
    Why not just have a read of this thread right here by our very own Stu Wood.
    IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I've been out of touch for awhile but will confirm the sword is a replica without question.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2