Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kamikaze Headband - What does it say?

Article about: My father-in-law is a WWII vet and showed us this Kamikaze headband last night. Can anyone tell us what the inscription says? Thank you. Susan

?

Default Kamikaze Headband - What does it say?

My father-in-law is a WWII vet and showed us this Kamikaze headband last night. Can anyone tell us what the inscription says? Thank you. Susan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kamikaze Headband - What does it say?  

Hi Susan welcome to the forum.have patience and some of the most knowledged in this area of study, will be along shortly.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Susan. I have rotated the picture to the correct orientation so it can be properly read by some of our Japanese /Kanji language experts here.

Do you happen to have a picture of the whole item as "Kamikazi" is a word often used incorrectly to describe Japanese items.

Once we see the whole item members here should be able to provide you with much more information on the item.

Regards,

M

Kamikaze Headband - What does it say?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

It says

" You want me to die for the Emperor ? I'll think about it and get back to you. "

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Susan welcome to the forum.have patience and some of the most knowledged in this area of study, will be along shortly.

Regards Larry
    As I said above Susan................ and dont mind Steve
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Welcome to the Forum !! I usually discuss these post's to my wife as I am looking at new threads...
    When I asked if she knew what a "Kamikazi" was she replied .... "Yeah" ... a "Drink" .... Really ????
    My "GOD".... Really ??
    Again ....Welcome to the forum.... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thank you all for replying and for your kind welcome. My 13 year-old daughter took the pictures then for some unexplainable reason deleted them. So I will try to get my in-laws to take a photo on their IPad.
    I looked and held the head band. It was hand embroidered in red thread. The plane was shot down next to my father-in-law's LCS ship.

?

Default full Photo of Head Band

Here is the photo. My daughter was able to recover it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kamikaze Headband - What does it say?  

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Welcome to the Forum !! I usually discuss these post's to my wife as I am looking at new threads...
    When I asked if she knew what a "Kamikazi" was she replied .... "Yeah" ... a "Drink" .... Really ????
    My "GOD".... Really ??
    Again ....Welcome to the forum.... G
    How to mix a "Kamikaze"........take a chilled tumbler and pour a tot from every bottle on the top shelf into the glass and stir , add ice if preferred I wish you well
    Last edited by Alan M; 06-20-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

MAP
    ?

Very interesting piece. Someone with the relevant expertise will be by to help. Might take a day or two so just keep checking back. I'm sure you will get all the information you need.

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast